Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Theme Park Sculpture #11



 Theme Park Sculpture 

Wood, Paint, cardboard, Plexiglass, Tissue Paper of different colors, Nuts and bolts, Metal Wire,  Clear Tape, LED lights and  Aluminum Foil

18" x 15" x 3 1/2" 






     
"Detail" 1





"Detail" 2

In-Process Images










Artist Statement

The sculpture was inspired by my experiences at an interactive theme park in my childhood and as a mother with my kids. The vibrant colors, whimsical shapes, and immersive experiences sparked my imagination and left a lasting impression on me. My intent with this sculpture is to evoke a sense of nostalgia and wonder, inviting viewers to reconnect with their own childhood memories. Utilizing bold and playful colors, smooth textures, and exaggerated scale, I aim to recreate the sense of excitement and magic that I felt at the theme park. A focal point, while repetition of shapes and patterns creates a dynamic and lively atmosphere reminiscent of the park's bustling energy.



Research #1






Reaserach #2






No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture #11

  Theme Park Sculpture  Wood, Paint, cardboard, Plexiglass, Tissue Paper of different colors, Nuts and bolts, Metal Wire,  Clear Tape, LED l...