Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A Few of My Favorite Things #1

                          



1) An Aglaonema Plant. because of my love of gardening. This plant has been part of my collection of seedlings. It tells a story about growth in the flora and human ways. Plants remind us to also take care of ourselves.
2) A freshwater pearl necklace. It was my grandmother's favorite necklace. She passed away 23 years ago and wearing it makes me feel closer to her and brings an indescribable comforting feeling to my soul.
3) Yellow Cockle seashells. Because creating traditions with my children has been an essential part of motherhood. They were collected during our many trips to the beach. It is a constant reminder that we all come in all shapes and sizes and that there is beauty in every single being.
4) A straw hat. bought many winters ago still tells a tale of spring and summer's past and the many more to come.
5) A military name tag. because it was worn as I closed a chapter in my long military career. It represents not an end to my story but to explore new beginnings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture #11

  Theme Park Sculpture  Wood, Paint, cardboard, Plexiglass, Tissue Paper of different colors, Nuts and bolts, Metal Wire,  Clear Tape, LED l...